|Blue Mini Plaid
New decorative product to add to your builds: Rod Builder's Tape.
Rod Builder's Tape can be used many ways, like abalone, as the main decorative piece, under a cross wrap, in between the feet on double foot guides or as accent pieces anywhere on the rod. Available in 12" x 3" sheets.
Installation is similar to abalone, minus the heat.
- Cut the sheet to the appropriate length needed
- Remove the adhesive backing
- Press one side of the Rod Tape to the rod blank. This entire edge will need to be secured to the blank before proceeding
- Once the first side is secured, start rotating the blank and continually pressing the Rod Tape to the blank. It should be an even, consistent application to ensure there are no air bubbles or wrinkles in the material. (use CRB Decal Roller for best results)
- Apply the Rod Tape around the entire diameter of the blank until you reach the first initial edge. You want to slightly overlap over this edge.
- With a sharp razor blade, cut away the excess material.
- It's recommended to add color preserver to the seam of the Rod Tape. This will ensure the edges do not lift after thread finish is applied. The color preserver needs to fully dry before moving to the next step.
- After the color preserver has fully dried, you can add other decorative techniques (marbling, butt wraps, etc) over the Rod Tape, or simply apply thread finish.
Blue, Green, Red, Purple & Silver in Mini Streak, Shimmer, Ice Chips and Mini Plaid available now at Mud Hole!