CRB RBS-PRO Power Wrapping & Handle Turning Unit
The RBS-PRO Power Wrapping Unit elevates the CRB Rod Building system to the next generation of rod building solutions, and constitutes the most advanced power wrapping head offered in the market!
Now available with 220v power option for worldwide usage!
Professional Grade Features
- Heavy-duty precision machined aircraft grade aluminum headstock and chuck
- Premium sealed ball bearings for ultra-smooth operation
- Stepped aluminum pulleys, allowing 4 different speed and torque configurations
- 2 drive belt options included
- Interchangeable Concave and Convex chuck teeth (convex allow teeth to tighten around a blank as small as .250")
- Drive stand space saving design reduces the footprint on the aluminum base allowing and additional 6" of wrapping space compared to other "power wrappers"
- Foot pedal for complete control
- Motor: 110V, 60Hz, 120W, 1.2A 6000 RPM, Thermal Cutoff 145C
- Foot Pedal Controller: 115/125V AC, 50/60Hz, 1.0A, Thermal Cutoff 145C
Thank's for selling this product to me. Rod building is a hobby of mine. I am not a professional builder by any means. However, I am handicapped. I have a degenerative bone and joint disease in my hands, so you can imagine the fun I have trying to wrap a rod. This thing works great for me. The foot feed is very sensitive, and does smell like its burning up at slow speeds. I have used it for cross lays, (diamond, chevron, etc.). It is a welcome companion for my 4 thread carrier. I love it.
I have used this wrapper plenty of times and it does a good job for under wraps. I don’t like that you cannot spin the rod by hand towards the tip when it’s in the chuck. The foot pedal is very sensitive and smells like it’s burning up when you try to go slow. Do not use it for turning grips I was just reshaping one that was damaged and my motor burned up. Hopefully the replacement motor with work with this wrapper.
I just wanted to follow up on a review that I left on this wrapper a couple of weeks ago. Mud Hole responded to my review and took care of all my issues. Their service was second to none and handled with a friendly attitude. Thanks to all that was involved.
I think this is an ok power wrapper but it definitely needs refinement. The chuck is not straight and wobbles even at high RPMS. Speed control is iffy, if you try to feather it it gives out a wining sound and then starts spinning pretty fast, not top speed but enough where it can be difficult to start a wrap. Turning grips kind of worries me with the wobble but I will be doing that next. If you want to start out get this one but the more expensive ones will probably be better.
Same experience tried so hard to like it but
After trying it the over heating of the pedal was too much hard to control the speed also, customer service was great returned the first 2 but the third one is the same.Would not waist my money on this wrapper till they fix the problem. Now sitting on the shelf ,till they find a fix for it.
Sal, thank you for your feedback. Someone from our customer service team will contact you shortly to help resolve your issue.
-Mud Hole Custom Tackle.