Magic Marble is the only marbling paint that works with plain tap water. Unlike other marbling paints, there are no harmful chemicals to add. Magic Marble paints are simple and safe when used according to directions. Virtually limitless color combinations are possible with 30 color options available. Magic marble is also available in a transparent carrier paint that can be used to add your own glitter. 1oz. bottles with droppers for easy accurate work.
Unlike other products on the market, Magic Marble paints use plain tap water. All you need to get started is:
- Wooden stick or disposable stir stick
- Paper towel
- Waterproof gloves (recommended)
How to Paint with Magic Marble
Fill a container large enough that the object can be completely immersed with water. Shake the marbling paint well and then, holding the color close to the water, drip paint onto the surface. Note: You will not be able to completely clean the container after use. We recommend protecting the container with a plastic bag.
The more color you let drip into the water, the more intense the marble effect. Immediately after dripping paint onto the water, use a wooden rod to draw the marble pattern. For best results, use 2 - 3 colors.
Slowly immerse the object into the water. Stop briefly. Use a paper towel to pick up the extra color from the surface of the water. Once the water above the object is clear, gently pull the object out of the container.
Depending on the material of the object, the color will be dust-dry within 15-30 minutes and completely dry in approximately 60 min. Before dipping a second object, use a paper towel to remove the excess color from the surface of the water. Replace the water when it becomes too dirty.
Tips for Successful Marbling:
- Smooth surfaces such as glass, metal or plastic must be free of grease. For best results, you can apply a clear coat of a varnish designed for acrylic paints before marbling. This is especially effective for glass and other non-porous surfaces.
- The order in which you drip the colors into the water will have an effect on the marbling pattern. The first color is partially displaced by the second one, meaning the second color will be more vibrant.
- Always work at a brisk pace when marbling to prevent a color film from forming on the surface of the water.
- Colors can be mixed to create your own unique colors.
- For single-color marbling, use colorless marbling paint and the desired color.
- For cleanup, use a cleaning agent such as mineral spirits or paint thinner.
- We recommend wearing gloves and an apron when painting.
- Original colors can only be obtained on a white base. The colors appear somewhat darker when applied to objects with a darker natural color.
- Paint a sample piece when painting textiles and fabrics.
- For polystyrene foam use maximum of 4 color shades and a total of about 15 drops of color.
- As an example, for a bucket with a diameter of 5-6'; use a maximum total of 15 drops of color.
- Close the paint jars immediately after use.
Hazardous Material. Must ship ground only. Not eligible for expedited shipping. Contiguous 48 states only. A physical address is required for delivery.
Notice--LTD QTY Return Shipping.
LTD QTY - In the event you wish to return this item, due to regulatory requirements, please contact customer service and we will provide the special shipping label and instructions required for the return of this item.