CRB has taken the standard tip top gauge to the next level with the new professional sizing tool. The CRB gauge incorporates things normally found in multiple pieces into one functional and utilitarian tool. By incorporating the following features CRB has created a tool that no rod building novice or expert should be without:
- Sizes most common rod blank tips from 3/64" to 28/64"
- Tip Top sizing pegs for 3/64" to 28/64", great for measuring spares and confirming tube sizes
- Eliminate guesswork with the CRB-exclusive guide measuring area, which allows builders to size spare or replacement guides in sizes 4mm to 30mm
- Features a handy ruler in both Standard and Metric for quick measurements
- CRB-exclusive conversion chart imprinted on the back showing MM to 64ths conversion. Range from 3/64" (1.2mm) to 32/64" (12.7mm)
0 Stars needs to be an option.
Can't see the numbers and every time I use it to order a tip top it's always the wrong size. I order a certain tube size and it doesn't fit on the measuring tool.
What a shame to make a tool you can't use. Would be a nice tool if you could read it. there are some white ones out there somewhere that have the size in black and is quite usable. Problem is The seller sometimes shows the readable one then ships the grey unusable one.....
The tool is fine except for one not so minor issue. It doesn't do you any good if you can't read the writing. This thing is taken straight out of the mold, packaged and sold. It wouldn't take anything to roll a paint roller over the raised lettering. The tool cost $6.95 now. I'm sure most would pay $10.00 to be able to read it.
For now, my work around is to simply pull up the pro version online and read the number for the corresponding hole on the plastic one when I need to measure a tip top.
Doable, but very inconvenient!