CRB has taken the standard tip top gauge to the next level with the new professional sizing tool. The CRB gauge incorporates things normally found in multiple pieces into one functional and utilitarian tool. By incorporating the following features CRB has created a tool that no rod building novice or expert should be without:
- Sizes most common rod blank tips from 3/64" to 28/64"
- Tip Top sizing pegs for 3/64" to 28/64", great for measuring spares and confirming tube sizes
- Eliminate guesswork with the CRB-exclusive guide measuring area, which allows builders to size spare or replacement guides in sizes 4mm to 30mm
- Features a handy ruler in both Standard and Metric for quick measurements
- CRB-exclusive conversion chart imprinted on the back showing MM to 64ths conversion. Range from 3/64" (1.2mm) to 32/64" (12.7mm)
The CRB tip top and guide sizing gauge has been extremely helpful. The first time I needed to replace a tip top, I purchased several tip tops to be sure that I bought the right size. The same thing happened the second time. So it doesn't take long before this gauge "pays for itself." Now, I know if I even need to buy a new tip top since I can accurately measure what I need...and what I already have in inventory!
The numbers are hard to read. They blend in too much
This is a great tool that every rod builder needs. Didn’t realize what I was missing until I got it.