Catch up with Big Show at the start of Major League Fishing’s Bass Pro Tour and check out his custom built MHX baitcasting rod recipe that landed him this 7-pound, 9-ounce big bass at the famed Sam Rayburn Reservoir.
The Big Bass Rod Recipe from Sam Rayburn
Fans of Major League Fishing met his Elite-X NMB843-MHX rod when Scroggins tied on his signature vibrating jig and in no time, boat flipped a hefty Sam Rayburn largemouth weighing in at 7-pounds, 9-ounces.
“I knew the vibrating jig would wack ‘em, but that fish about got me,” Terry joked before reenacting his smooth, deep hookset, “Luckily, I leaned on my Elite-X NMB843-MHX and we put the pressure on her until that Day 1 big bass title was all mine.”
Big Show punched his ticket for big bass and cashed in!
Not long after, he gave us the inside scoop on the MHX baitcaster he built to do it.
Check out Big Show’s Big Bass Rod Recipe below:
– Blank: #NMB843-MHX Elite-X Mag Taper
– Guides: #LZR-CAST1 LZR Light Casting Guide Set
– Tip Top: #BLZT-5-4.5 LZR Tip Top
– Fighting Butt: #BTW250 Winn Fighting Butt Grips 2.5″
– Rear Grip: #CS400 Winn Casting Swell
– Reel Seat: #GCRS-16-B CRB Premium Graphite Casting Seat
– Winding Check: #TWC16-11.0 Tapered Rubber Winding Check
– Hook Keeper: #ARHK CRB Arrow Drop Shot Hook Keeper
– Thread Wraps: #CFS-A-325 Fire Red ProWrap ColorFast
“Bob, I want this ColorFast thread, but in Toyota RED to match my truck, my boat, and my jersey!” Big Show says as he shops for the 2022 Bass Pro Tour. Scroggins loves to customize his rods for the upcoming season and this year, you will see all his thread wraps in a bold ColorFast Fire Red!
You can put together your own custom fishing rod with the convenient component list above, and build this NMB843-MHX baitcaster just like Bass Pro Terry Scroggins!