|Color||Squid Ink Black|
SALT HD Saltwater Fly Rod Blanks
In the world of saltwater fishing there is a lot of water out there and with that, a lot of fish species. From calm flats to open seas, the opportunities range dramatically. To put your best foot forward in high stakes fishing, you need a tool built for the exacting conditions of every unique fishery. The SALT HD lineup of rod blanks are constructed differently - each with purpose. The fast-moving inhabitants of the salt require anglers to make quick shots and even quicker second shots. With the introduction of KonneticHD Technology, the SALT HD puts situational tools in hand to increase your odds of success. Allowing you to reach further, quicker, more delicately, and providing you with the power to make your angling dreams, lasting memories.
- Handcrafted on Bainbridge Island, USA
- KonneticHD™ technology
- Fast action
- Squid Ink blank color
KonneticHD Technology is the next era in performance graphite rods. Optimizing our graphite-to-resin ratio, we have created a higher density (HD) fiber composite, resulting in lighter, stronger blanks which deliver unmatched recovery, energy transfer, and line/loop control. Building upon proprietary construction techniques developed for Konnetic Technology, KonneticHD gives us an elevated platform to achieve new levels in rod design.
FROM HAND TO FLY — HD GIVES YOU MORE.
- New proprietary graphite/resin composite developed through exclusive partnerships.
- Advanced high density (HD) fiber positioning, enhanced laminate characteristics, and optimized manufacturing techniques increase composite modulus while maintaining durability.
- KonneticHD creates amplified strength-to-weight and stiffness-to-weight ratios as needed within the rod blank.
- Optimized fiber-to-fiber energy transfer along the length of the blank minimizes both lateral and medial vibrations, delivering accuracy in an easy loading blank with quick recovery, a crisp tip stop, and enhanced line feel for complete loop control.
- The highest energy transferring material we have ever created, opening new doors for our R&D Team to experiment with construction techniques, taper designs, and action profiles.
SALT HD Recommended Applications
|690-4 SALT HD||Skinny water / floating line / calm conditions / presentation quality for smaller, lighter flies|
|790-4 SALT HD||Skinny water / floating line / calm conditions / presentation quality for smaller, lighter flies|
|890-4 SALT HD||All-around light duty / floating & sinking lines / increased fish fighting backbone / presentation quality for variety of fly sizes|
|990-4 SALT HD||Permit / sinking lines / increased casting power for fighting wind and delivering bigger flies|
|1090-4 SALT HD||Small tarpon & big permit / increased casting power for throwing oversized air resistant fly patterns|
|1190-4 SALT HD||Tarpon / quick loading for maximum line pickup and quick shots|
|1290-4 SALT HD||GT’s & Large Tarpon / Flats edges & light bluewater / any variety of sinking & floating lines|
|1386-4 SALT HD||Offshore bluewater / fish fighting & lifting tool / 8’ 6” and extended fighting butt for casting off boats|
|1686-4 SALT HD||Offshore bluewater / fish fighting & lifting tool / 8’ 6” and extended fighting butt for casting off boats|