These new micros offer everything you will want in a "mini guide". Not only are they less than half the weight of conventional micros of comparable size they have no ring to lose. Due to the high carbon content in the alloy they perform exceptionally well with either braid or mono. Saltwater testing has shown no signs of deterioration. Consider a full spinning guide set (13 guides) with a combined weight of 0.09 oz. And this weight is with the largest #3 guides for running guides.
Features & Benefits of Micro Guides
- A set of micro guides only weigh 17% of what a set of standard sizes weigh. Any weight savings on the upper portion of a rod adds significantly to its sensitivity.
- Casting distance is increased because the line path is totally straight from butt guide to tip.
- The durability of these guides is equal to or greater than conventional single foot guides because of their low profile. A shorter profile means a shorter lever with which to bend.
- The low profile means that you get far fewer "wind knots" with braid because there is not as much protrusion to catch a loop.
- Pacific Bay Minima stripper + transition guide(s)
- CRB Nano Micro runners
- Small stainless steel hook keeper
- 11 guide set: 20-8-4W-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2 + small hook keeper
- 13 guide set: 20-8-4W-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2 + small hook keeper
NanoMicro Guide Specifications
|Size||Ring OD||Ring ID||Height||Length||Weight|
|#1||2.36 mm||1.35 mm||3.7 mm||4.5 mm||0.0250 g|
|#2||3.56 mm||2.21 mm||4.14 mm||8.25 mm||0.0568 g|
|#3||4.32 mm||2.89 mm||5.32 mm||11.19 mm||0.0919 g|